The Recreate 68 organization is an alliance of local to Denver anti-Globalization protestors and “anti-racist,” “anti-war,” “direct action” types (this means they are neo-communists, the evil shadow to neo-conservatives) who admit they are sick and tired of being pandered to by the Democratic National Committee. They are so over the whole two party system they want to tear down the ramparts and storm the Bastille, behead the King and all that.
We are committed to resisting and overturning a system of violence inflicted daily on people of this country and the world, and against the natural environment, by political and corporate power, in the pursuit of profit. We are resolved that our group will not instigate violence against human beings as a means to end this system of violence and injustice. However, we recognize the right of the people to self-defense and community defense.10 Mutual Assurances Between Groups And Organizations Planning DNC Related Activities:
- To publicly support rights of free speech, the right to organize, and the right to dissent for all.
- To maintain solidarity with and respect the guidelines of all permitted activities, recognizing that there are many individuals who seek a safe and peaceful protest.
- To support and participate in efforts to assure civil liberties for everyone in Denver, including the right to organize civil disobedience and nonviolent direct action without that organizing being criminalized or disrupted.
- To speak out against any pre-emptive arrests, raids on activists spaces, or attacks on independent journalists and other media.
- To be conscious of and speak out against police targeting and differential treatment of people based on race, gender, sexual orientation, accent, or appearance.
- Not to turn people over to the police, or share information with the police about other groups.
- Not to publicly criticize the tactics used by other parts of our movement or cooperate with media efforts to be divisive or portray good protester/bad protester.
- To publicly condemn police repression and brutality.
- To be conscious that if violence or property destruction does occur, we will do what we can to help prevent it from being blown out of proportion and dominating the media coverage.
- To remember that, when all is said and done, our greatest victory will be an activist community with a renewed sense of strength and unity.
How do you like #6 and 7 basically agreeing to non-cooperation with the police in the case of any crimes committed by violent allies of this “non-violent” movement? Seems like malice aforethought to make these preparations. Maybe they claim to be non-violent as a form of camouflage.
In a second irruption of ’68 nostalgia, the Black Liberation Theology of Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s Trinity United Church of Christ church has risen to a considerable measure of infamy. Barack Obama has been shaken by the recent publicity about the preacher who converted him to Christianity, married him to his wife, and baptized his daughter. Though Sean Hannity had been on the Rev. Jeremiah Wright story for over a year, it didn’t get going in the media until Obama’s church started selling Wright’s sermons on DVD. A producer from ABC bought it and it became a story. Note, this is important. This was a collection of Wright’s speeches put out by his own church. These were the speeches that his own church agreed were the most important and presumably they were typical. So any claims that Obama didn’t know Wright was saying this are disingenuous. These are Wright’s greatest hits. It’s like being a Chicago Bears fan faced with a Greatest Plays by the Chicago Bears DVD and not recognizing any of the games. Where were you all these years? Apparently not watching football. Either Obama wasn’t paying attention in church or he is lying about it. Neither is good for his credibility.
Perhaps this summer’s Olympic games will feature American sprinters raising black-gloved hands in protest of American policy, allowing China to make excuses for its totalitarian repression of Tibet and internal groups such as the Falun Gong. I hope not.
And in third place we have the Manson Family. Taking a back seat to none in his Helter Skelter days Manson and his gang of murderers now live in obscurity, some still jailed. But years of jail-house braggadocio have given the authorities enough evidence to search the desert for the decomposed bodies of people who disappeared in the late 60s after being seen at or near the Manson Family compound. The have used advanced technology to identify several possible graves. (h/t: Jammie Wearing Fool)
The machine detects fluorinated hydrocarbon compounds, one of the approximately 400 types of volatile organic compounds emitted by human bodies during decomposition. Focusing on these compounds is important because Vass believes they’re formed as the fluoride added to urban drinking water is released after death.Their presence helps differentiate a human bone from bones from wild animals, explained Vass, who has spent years developing a decomposition odor database using bodies donated to the Oak Ridge lab.
The instrument beeped at regular intervals. As it approached the ground, the beeping accelerated until it was a steady stream of sound.
“That’s impressive,” said Wise, a senior researcher at Oak Ridge specializing in environmental analytical chemistry. Vass agreed.
Using a thin, 3-foot long probe, Vass tested the soil in the area. It slid into the ground without much effort.
“Undisturbed soil isn’t this easy to probe,” he said.
“The loose soil area is roughly like this,” he said, using the tip of the instrument to draw a long oval on the ground. “It’s about three feet deep.”
A reminder of what Manson was all about. His intention was to use the murders to ignite a race war of white against black in the USA. He thought that racism was hotter and more violent than it really was back in those days. It’s too bad that those who think like him, the “anti-racists” in Recreate ’68 and their neocommie friends, haven’t yet figured that out. America is not a racist country the same way it was before the civil rights movement finally buried the last shreds of the Democratic Party’s Jim Crow laws in the South. And that was 50 years ago. Many Americans have grown up to middle age without being taught racism by their parents and feel bewildered when they are accused of being racist, all because of the color of their skin.
Trackposted to Rosemary’s Thoughts, third world county, McCain Blogs, A Newt One- Chris Hill on tonight, DragonLady’s World, Adam’s Blog, Right Truth, The World According to Carl, Pirate’s Cove, Stuck On Stupid, Leaning Straight Up, Right Voices, and The Yankee Sailor, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.