Congress’ New Motto
If I didn’t care for fun and such,
I’d probably amount to much.
But I shall stay the way I am,
Because I do not give a damn.
Let’s list some Congressional Stupidity (is that a redundant phrase or what?).
- Today, the Senate foreign affairs committee issued a resolution condemning any increase in troops to Iraq as “not in the national interest.” The vote was 12:9, with 11 democrats and Chuck Hagel voting for, and 9 republicans voting against. (source)
- ‘Illinois Senator Barack Obama said, “The experts believe, as i believe, that an additional 20 thousand troops is not going to change the dynamic there, it will put more of our young men and women in harms way.”‘ (source)
- Joe Biden savaged the vice president: “The vice president doesn’t know what he’s talking about,” said Biden. “He has yet to be right one single time on Iraq. Name me one single time he’s been right. It’s about time we stop listening to that ideological rhetoric.” (source)
- Democrats, emboldened by their recent takeover of Congress, say they may hold hearings to probe Cheney’s roles in the Iraq war, Bush’s expansion of presidential power and the administration’s energy policies. (source)
- Democrats welcomed Bush’s interest in climate change, health, and immigration, but were unlikely to cooperate. (source)
- Joe Biden, the chairman of the foreign affairs committee, said the resolution was designed “to save the president from making a significant mistake”. In reality, it was designed to embarrass the president and demoralize American troops, while raising the spirits of America’s enemies in Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, and Hugo Chavez’ pants.
- “Anti-war groups” are planning a rally at the National Mall this Saturday to protest the Iraq war. “Scheduled speakers at Saturday’s rally include members of Congress sponsoring anti-war measures, veterans against the war, the Reverend Jesse Jackson and several actors including Jane Fonda.” (source)