Lindsey Tanner of the AP reports
- The study size is 838 teenage American girls, an analysis of girls aged 14-19 from a 2003-4 government health survey
- Projected population of teenage girls in the USA is 12.3 million, with 3.2 million infected
- Teens in the study were tested for human papillomavirus (HPV), chlamydia, trichomoniasis, and genital herpes. These are the 4 most common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- They were not tested for more dangerous STDs: gonorrhea (the clap), syphilis (pox), hepatitis B, or HIV/AIDS. They didn’t test for pubic lice (crabs) or mononucleosis either.
- 26% of girls in the study have a STD
- 18% have HPV
- 4% have chlamydia
- 2.5% have trichomoniasis
- 2% have genital herpes
- About half the girls in the study acknowledged having sex
- Some girls define sex as coitus only, not oral-genital activity, much like Bill Clinton
- Among girls who admit having sex, 40% have a STD
- Nearly 50% of black girls had at least one STD
- About 20% of white and girls of Mexican descent had at least one STD
The startling statistic for black girls (50% infected) shows a population in peril. Something is very, very wrong in their world. I suspect it is the destruction of the black family and the popularity of gang-bangers, drugs and thugs in youth culture. Gramsci and the sixties hippies have a lot to answer for.
The incompleteness of the report also raises questions. What is the prevalence of gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV/AIDS? These are dangerous diseases, far more dangerous than trichomoniasis or genital herpes, and they were not addressed at all.
- According to Wikipedia, between 3 and 18% of sexually active girls have gonorrhea, and 0-3% have syphilis. If we use a 50% rate of sexual activity for teenage girls, as they have self-reported in the CDC study, this works out to an additional 1.5%-9% with gonorrhea, and 0-1.5% with syphilis, for a total infection rate of 27%-36%.
- According to AVERT, 3% (1,434) of HIV infections in the USA were among teens up to age 19. This works out to an infection rate under 0.02%, or 1/50th of 1%.
Thus we discover that the actual, overall infection rate could very well pass 1 in 3 teenage girls. More and better research needs to be done to determine the actual infection rates.
Trackposted to Rosemary’s Thoughts, A Blog For All, 123beta, Right Truth, Stuck On Stupid, Big Dog’s Weblog, Phastidio.net, Cao’s Blog, Leaning Straight Up, The Amboy Times, ARISTO_GATTA, Faultline USA, Woman Honor Thyself, The World According to Carl, Miss Beth’s Victory Dance, Blue Star Chronicles, and The Pink Flamingo, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe.